Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A New Start

I've never been much of a blogger. But I guess today is the day that I start to tell my story. It's not meant for other people to comment on, tear down, or judge.
It's for me to share what I've learned and establish that I am a person with their own identity and feelings, and that's been a damn hard process over the years. For those who have never been abused, please use this as an opportunity to understand.

For those who have been, my love and my deep empathy for your pain is real. Your voice, your feelings, and your memories are legitimate. That shit happened to you. No one has a right to take that away from you.

I am a survivor of child abuse. I understand in putting this out there, to the people that I am friends with, to the people who are in my family, that I invite your judgment. I invite your disbelief, your anger, your empathy, your disbelief. I do not care that you don't believe me.

I do care that you may be hurt. That is never my intention. That is never and has never nor will it ever be my intention to cause harm.
But I am tired of pretending to not be myself. I am tired of being whom everyone else desired me to be; how to act; how to live; what to think.

My perceptions are not always accurate. I do not always do the right thing. I fail every moment of every day of my life in not living as fully in God and Jesus Christ as I want to. And some days I don't want to. Some days I fail so fully I can't even look myself in the mirror in my bathroom without thinking You are a complete piece of shit. You don't deserve this job or this life that God gave you.

This blog is a place for me to share what I've learned, to share how I'm growing in Christ, and put out interesting little tidbits to people who are lost and confused and maybe don't know the way to where they're going.

So welcome to A Catholic Woman. Find some comfort and some rest.
God bless.

The Eponymous Ms. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment